These procedures are applicable to all clergy, both other Orthodox Metropolitanates in South East Asia, as well as from other canonical Orthodox Churches and Metropolitanates.
Clergy — both priests and deacons — desiring to enter the Orthodox Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and South East Asia should follow these administrative procedures. Otherwise canonical permission to enter the Metropolitanate cannot and will not be granted by Metropolitan Nektarios.
• The clergyman must first request permission from his own hierarch to be absent from his current canonical assignment.
• The clergyman must himself obtain a written statement from his own hierarch, stating:
(a) that the clergyman is a priest (or deacon) in good standing,
(b) that he has hierarchical permission to be absent, and
(c) that he has permission to request entrance into the Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and South East Asia.
• The clergyman must address a written request to Metropolitan Nektarios asking his blessing:
(a) to enter the Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and South East Asia,
(b) on a specific date, or range of dates, and
(c) to serve at a specific parish.
• A copy of the written adeia (canonical permission) from the clergyman’s hierarch must be forwarded to Metropolitan Nektarios of Hong Kong.
• The copy of the hierarchical permission sent to Metropolitan Nektarios may come directly from that hierarch’s office, or it may be enclosed with the written request received from the clergyman.
• The written request from the clergyman to Metropolitan Nektarios may be sent by regular mail, by facsimile transmission (FAX), or by e-mail:
His Eminence Metropolitan Nektarios of Hong Kong
Orthodox Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and South East Asia
704 Universal Trade Centre, 3 Arbuthnot Road
Central, Hong Kong
(+852) 2573 8379
(a) the hierarchical letter from the clergyman’s hierarch, and
(b) the letter requesting adeia to enter the Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and South East Asia from the clergyman, have been received, the Metropolis Chancellor’s Office will prepare the permission to enter the Metropolitanate and submit it to Metropolitan Nektarios. Once approved by Metropolitan Nektarios and signed, the permission will be sent to the requesting clergyman via mail, FAX, and/or e-mail.
A copy of the signed adeia will additionally be sent to the requesting clergyman’s hierarch as well as to the pastor of the parish the clergyman will be visiting, also via mail, FAX, and/or e-mail.